This Privacy Statement was last updated on March 29, 2016
Our Commitment to Privacy
By providing Personally Identifiable Information to us, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy, please do not provide any Personally Identifiable Information to us. We reserve the right to change this Policy without prior notice. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this page. Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon our posting of the revised Policy on the Site. Use of the Site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.
The Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information (or “PII“) is information that identifies you as an individual. In order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Site (for example, to use the services offered on the Site), we may require that you provide PII. We collect PII from you, such as your name, organization, postal address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, credit card number or other payment account number, only when you voluntarily provide it to us.
IP Addresses. Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever users visit the Site, along with the time(s) of such visit(s) and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
The Way We Use Information
Personally Identifiable Information. We may use PII:
- to fulfill your requests such as to send you newsletters, grant your membership request, register you to attend events or complete your purchases.
- to send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important, you may not opt-out of receiving these communications.
- to inform you of news or events that we believe may be of interest to you.
- to permit you to send messages regarding Site-related content to a friend through the Site. If you wish to use this feature, you may be required to provide us, and we may use, with your friend’s e-mail address to facilitate your sending of such message to your friend. By using this functionality, you affirm that you are entitled to use and provide us with the recipient’s name and email address for this purpose. We will not to use your friend’s PII for any other purpose other than to allow the email to be sent, unless we disclose such other purpose to you at the time you provide such PII to us.
- for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new programs, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we may use this information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share Non PII, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-PII with PII (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Non-PII with PII, we will treat the combined information as PII as long as it is combined.
IP Addresses. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose PII. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Non-PII, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
The Way We Disclose Personally Identifiable Information
We may disclose PII:
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e-mail delivery services, credit card processing and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
- to identify you to any person to whom you send messages regarding Site-related content through the Site.
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be appropriate (a) under applicable law including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Important Notices Regarding Our Privacy Practices.
Security. We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect PII under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us sensitive information through email. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us of the problem immediately by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
Changing or Suppressing PII. If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or otherwise limit our use of your PII that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we will only implement such requests with respect to the PII associated with the particular e-mail address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
In each event, you must clearly indicate the information that you wish to have changed, the information that you wish to have suppressed from our database or the limitations you wish to put on our use of your PII. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. We may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records. Finally, we are not responsible for removing or suppressing information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your PII, or limiting their use of your PII.
Note Regarding the Use of the Site by Children: The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that such individuals do not provide PII through the Site.
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR DONORS
We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
This policy applies to all information received by WRA, both online and offline, on any Platform (“Platform”, includes the WRA website and mobile applications), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
Please note that e-mail communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us.